Artists of all ages and abilities are welcomed to participate in this opportunity to display up to 3 of your pieces in our newly “built” VAC Virtual Art Museum. The first 30 artists that successfully submit will be included in 3 exhibits. (if this show sells out, you will be waitlisted for the next one and get first option to participate.) Please see below for all details.
PROSPECTUS DETAILS: We are “opening” our new virtual “Art Museum” with 3 concurrent exhibits- each having a theme for the subject matter requirement. Photographers and painters, hanging mosaics and others may submit images of their work (without frame in image) but the image must be showing a piece that can be hanging on a wall- a digital capture (camera, phone, tablet). For photographers, from a subject content stand point, it may contain elements that were not in the scene originally, it can be a creative composition. All work, however, must be the original work of the submitting artist. You will be required to email your images, so please be sure that they are hi-resolution files or scans.
The three themes are as follows:
- Artist’s Choice
- Landscape/ Seascape
ARTIST PARTICIPATION FEE: The non-refundable entry fee is $20 and you may email 1 image for each theme but you do not have to submit for all 3. Everyone will be accepted, first come first served as space is limited, however, Voorhees Arts Council has the right to refuse any images they deem inappropriate*. For this fee, in addition to the exhibits residing indefinitely on our website, you will be able to sell the work, VAC takes NO commission. You will have a full profile page with your details. And we will have peer to peer voting on “Best Piece” in each theme, and VAC will award a $50 gift card for each. (more details to come when you apply)
REGISTERING: Registration process is in three simple steps:
- Register to participate by making payment through online event (application)
- Once payment is received, you will be given access to the google form to submit details of the work you are submitting and about yourself.
- Once form is received, you will send an email to email@example.com with the 3 images attached. (A reminder will be sent if form and images are not received by Nov 7, 2020)
DEADLINE: Form, payment and images must be received no later than Saturday Nov 7, 2020. The VAC Virtual Museum will open for viewing on Monday November 16, 2020 during a virtual opening reception & tour at 7pm. You will be lead through a tour of the 3 exhibits halls with 30 rooms of the 90 pieces. After the event, on Tuesday Nov 17th, the participating artists will be sent instructions to select 1 winner from each theme and then the 3 winners (those pieces with the most peer to peer votes), will be announced on social media and website on Tuesday November 24, 2020.
Opening Reception: The first look at this exciting new art museum with 3 exhibits will be on Mon Nov 16, 2020. 7pm. The participating artist fee includes your ticket to this intriguing virtual event. We encourage you to invite your friends and family to see this first before it goes public on the website the following week. Tickets for the reception and tour go on sale by Nov 7th. There will also be a Facebook promotion for this event. This opening reception and tour of the 3 exhibits is $7 to the public. The same link you use for your artist participation fee is used for the public and will be released later in the process, around November 7, 2020.
RECAP OF IMPORTANT DATES
- Immediate: register your participation by paying the artist participation fee (available until the 30 spots are taken).
- Nov 7th– all payment registrations, artwork images and forms due.
- Nov 7th– tickets go on sale to participate in the virtual opening reception and tour.
- Nov 16th– Event: Virtual Opening Reception & Tour of new VAC Virtual Art Museum, 3 exhibits. This is a sneak peek. (The virtual museum will not be “open” to the public until Nov 24th).
- Nov 17th– participating artists are asked to submit vote for the “best piece” in each themed exhibit.
- Nov 23rd – voting concludes; final preparations are made.
- Nov 24th– VAC Art Museum is open to the public on social media and website. 3 winners announced, virtual pieces are updated. 3 gift certificates are awarded.
- The VAC Virtual Art Museum, which will will remain “open” on VAC website indefinitely.
MORE INFORMATION: For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Money collected from artist participation fee and the opening reception tickets will be used to provide future art programs to our community.
*Artists whose subject matter is deemed inappropriate will be given an opportunity to provide an alternate image.